Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think it's dead!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 slime340

slime340

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:34 PM

Hello all, I am new here, but I have read some of the other posts and I hope some here can help. Now I'm good with software and mod issues, but hardware for me is a problem so here it is. I have a Velocity Micro ProMagix T1000 and yesterday I experienced a power outage long enough to drain my UPS. After power was restored, the computer will not come on, but there is a red LED flashing near the SATA connections. I've tried resetting the BIOS with the COM jumpers but nothing. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Motherboard, power supply or CPU? Help please, I'm lost without my computer. Thanks for whatever help you all can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:56 PM

You might try resetting the bios by unplugging the box from the power source and then pulling the battery. Leave the battery out for awhile, reinstall, plug it back in and power up. Looks like you've got nothing to lose at this point.
Good luck
John

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

Does the power supply fan turn on and remain spinning?
In the back of the machine there should be a switch by the power cord
Turn it off and then back on
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 slime340

slime340
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:35 PM

No, unfortunately there is no action other than the red LED. Now I did not mention before that I did change the power supply to an Antec 750watt supply.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

there is no action other than the red LED

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but if the power supply fan isn't spinning it's bad
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#6 slime340

slime340
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 11:46 AM

Well I put the original power supply back in and VIOLA!!, the computer starts but now the NVIDIA boot manager is missing and the computer will not boot without the installation disc in the drive.

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:24 PM

What OS are you using?
When you say installation disk, I assume you do not have a retail Windows CD?
Mark
Posted Image

#8 slime340

slime340
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:43 PM

Yes it is ,of course Vista Ultimate(only 32-bit), like I said the computer is fine otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users