Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email Sending Worm?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kat91119

Kat91119

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:28 PM

My husband just got a brand new computer two weeks ago, with Windows 7 on it...I know NOTHING about Windows 7 to help him out.

We noticed today that his aol email account his now sending links out to everyone - ebay, credit card companies, and me as well. No, I didn't click the link.

How do I remove this I don't even know how to search for what it might be.

Thanks!

EDIT: I forgot to mention, a few of the emails are in his outbox, so they aren't being masked it seems...

Edited by Kat91119, 26 February 2010 - 05:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kat91119

Kat91119
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 PM

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

Never got any help on this. Ran Malwarebytes, and Superantispyware. Removed all the email addresses in his address book...and deleted all emails in his sent box. Haven't had any issues since. So who knows which thing it was that worked, if any.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users