Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Infected - ComboFix was Recommended - Seemed to work - Not Done yet - User Log...?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ShaftMcNasty

ShaftMcNasty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:02 PM

Hello All,

I am new to the site. It was recommended to me by a gentleman at my local church. He is a tech guy who repairs computers, IT Stuff, you get the picture...
Anyway, yesterday morning I got a link to myspace, from there I clicked on a movie player and then the FUN began! Good Times! My computer began telling me I had a virus and I needed to click Yes or No to let my virus scanner take over. Well, It was basically like my cpu was hijacked and there was a superimposed image of my desktop on top of my desktop with lots of again, security center warnings and pop-up's. I pulled the wireless card and hard steped the laptop off. I rebooted and same shiz. I was F'd.

Ok, So, I copied this ComboFix to a CD from my desktop and ran the deal. It seems to have worked. I am typing on the machine now that yesterday was headed for the disposal.

However, things are running a bit slow and not up to my performace levels prior to infection. So, I assume i need assistance in understanding the Combofix log file and what all that jazz means and if the cpu is going to burn up or crash again.

Any help would be sweet. I did not post the log b/c the forus guidelines say not to, Why I don't know....

Thank you to any one who has a free minute to tackle a problem that seems almost fixed and a walk in the park for most of you!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 26 February 2010 - 08:05 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users