Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i really need help....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 helpme80

helpme80

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

i ran uniblue registry cleaner today and it came up with an invalid driver path. not sure what it means but the staus of my registry is poor compared to all of the other areas. this seems to be the only error that comes up in the scan and cleaning. its location says:

hkey_local_machine/system/currentcontrolset/services/wanatw
contains an invalid path system32/DRIVERS/wanatw4.sys

Then when i click on clean it cannot be cleaned. it will say 0 out of 1 cleaned and ill scan it again and it is the same.

what do i do???

Edited by helpme80, 26 February 2010 - 04:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

Prevx Says...

<<what do i do???>>

I can't tell you that...I can tell you what I would do.

I'd check on the Web for a definitive idea of what this file might be, bearing in mind that filenames alone don't mean much. A file has to be in the right location and close to the right size I expect...before I would give my suspicions a funeral.

Since, if legal, this file has been linked to AOL...I'd quickly determine if I have somehow (mistakenly) installed AOL on my system.

I'd also take a look in Services and see what's running there.

You get the idea.

Louis

#3 helpme80

helpme80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

im sorry im new to this but can u tell me how to look at the services? or do u mean uniblue lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users