Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

installing video card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chilliemonster

chilliemonster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:14 AM

i have a fujitsu e600 desktop pc and want to install a g-force card out of my old pc into this machine how do i do this please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

From your current computer

Upgrading AGP screen controllers
Technical data:
The AGP slot supports the modes 1x/2x/4x/8x with 32 bits and 66 MHz. Only 1.5 V AGP graphics
cards are supported.
i Some older 3.3 V AGP graphics cards are coded like 1.5 V AGP graphics cards. The
installation of such 3.3 V AGP screen controllers can cause serious damage to the
mainboard and the AGP screen controller.

What is the card from your old computer?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 chilliemonster

chilliemonster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:54 PM

From your current computer

Upgrading AGP screen controllers
Technical data:
The AGP slot supports the modes 1x/2x/4x/8x with 32 bits and 66 MHz. Only 1.5 V AGP graphics
cards are supported.
i Some older 3.3 V AGP graphics cards are coded like 1.5 V AGP graphics cards. The
installation of such 3.3 V AGP screen controllers can cause serious damage to the
mainboard and the AGP screen controller.

What is the card from your old computer?

yes but i bought the card and installed it in the old machine it was not part of the original bundle
i need to know how to put it in the e600 would i need to install any drivers etc on the e600 pc i cant
get to the metal plate to remove it and replace it with the securing plate on the new card just need
a guide on how to do this.
PS. thanks for the quick reply
regards
Keith

#4 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• BC Advisor
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 10 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

What is the old card? Is it AGP based? I'm not sure wah tyou are asking with the plate thing. You only should have to power down the computer, remove the case cover, remove the screw holding the blank cover in place, install card and secure with screw, install cover. Once the computer starts you will have to install the drivers for the card as well.

for information on how to open the case go here http://ts.fujitsu.com/support/manuals.html select your model and choose the operating manual.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users