Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GuyWithAMonkey

GuyWithAMonkey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:51 AM

Okay, on my laptop (Windows Vista Home Premium), I can connect to the internet, surf the web, log on messengers, etc. However, when it tries to connect to other things like Zune Server or iTunes, or even Windows Media File Sharing, it doesn't work. With messengers, if i try to play a game, it tells me some form of "can not connect to server", which (as said before), other software does the same. What gives?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:05 AM

Sounds like something isn't right with Vista.

I am assuming that it worked correctly in the past?

Is it fully updated?

Is your Java updated?

What browser do you use?

Have you reset the browser back to defaults?

If you have the Vista dvd, you could pop it in, close anything that opens from Autorun, click the Windows button( was the Start button ), in the search bar type cmd, in the list right click it and click "Run as Admin", at the command prompt type sfc /scannow and hit Enter. What this will do is look for corrupt files and fix them. Might take a little while. If you don't have the dvd, run that command anyway. It might ask for it if it finds something and that will point you in the direction of what is wrong.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users