Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DCOM got error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sila

sila

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 07 September 2005 - 03:02 PM

hi,

I have some problems with my Windows XP. After I turned on my laptop around half or several hours, I cannot open any other IE windows. In the systems event viewer, I get an error message:

"DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service ImapiService with arguments "-Service" in order to run the server:

{520CCA63-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E}

The event ID is 10005.

I found the information of this event from other forum about the Microsofts response from the helpcenter as following.

====================================================
Symbolic Name: EVENT_RPCSS_START_SERVICE_FAILURE
Message: DCOM got error "%%%1" attempting to start the service %2 with arguments "%3" in order to run the server:
%4

Explanation
The Component Object Model (COM) infrastructure could not start the named Windows NT service.

User Action
Review the Windows error code displayed in the message. If the error indicates that the system is out of memory, save your work, close other programs, and then try to start the service again. Alternatively, increase the amount of RAM installed on the computer.

If the message displays a system, server, or configuration error, contact your service support vendor.

To determine the service vendor

Using Regedit, navigate to the following registry value
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Service Name
The service name is the information displayed in the message.
In the right pane, double-click ImagePath.
The Edit String dialog box is displayed. Leave this dialog box open. If Svchost.exe is displayed in the Value data box, then under the service name, navigate to the Parameters folder and then double-click ServiceDll.
Click Start, and then click My Computer.
Using the information displayed in the Value data box of the Edit String dialog box, navigate to the program.
Right-click the program name, and then click Properties.
The Properties dialog box for the program is displayed.
To determine who the vendor is for this service, refer to the Version tab.
You can also find the path to the executable file in this tool.

====================================================

The Service Name is ImapiService, the path is C:\windows\system32\imapi.exe and that is a MS corporation. I don't know what the problem is. Is that the file problem or the COM problem? How can I fix it?
By the way, I cannot save HijackThis's logfile and the startup list cannot be showed when I press Ctrl+Alt+delete during the IE cannot be opened, but I think I have a clean logfile after I reboot. I guess the problem is not caused by viruses.

Thanks!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users