Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Serious problem after format

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sten

Sten

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:52 PM

Hello,
My computer has been randomly crashing and complaining about memory problems on a blue screen a lot lately. I've tried all sorts of methods to fix this suggested by friends and other people, I've also run all sorts of antivirus/anti-spyware/anti-adware programs prior to this, but to no avail. I finally decided to simply format my hard drive and start fresh. However, when I finished formatting and tried to reinstall windows, after the completion of the first phase of installation the computer restarted. It was supposed to do this, so this is normal. But then after it rebooted it said "Installation is re-initializing" or something like that on the lught blue Windows XP installation screen and then...
The screen went black and this large rainbow-colored blob just floated from the right side of the screen to the left. And then the computer restarted and did the same thing again. And it keeps doing that every time until you turn it off.

What could this problem be and how can I fix it? None of my friends have ever even heard of a problem like this...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:47 PM

Sounds like you may have more than one problem.

One is a problem with installing xp and would probably just try reinstalling at this point.

The other problem may relate to your monitor or video card and or driver.

What type of computer, ram, hard drive, etc. How old is it, how old is monitor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users