Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backlight leaking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JJ133169

JJ133169

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

I just got my computer back from geek squad, they replaced the cover of my laptop because when they replaced a bad mobo they scratched it up. When i got it back, i noticed that at the top, the back light was leaking. Its very annoying and i dont know if i didnt notice it before, and recently did because im checking there work, or if they cased it. Would assembling the top lid of the laptop wrong cause a little bit of leakage? i brought it back in and they said it was common for LCD's to have that. Is there a fix?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

Sounds like they have someone who doesn't know what they are doing
They probably have a piece of the harness in the way, keeping it from closing properly
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 JJ133169

JJ133169
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:20 PM

well the person that told me it was normal was my cousin, so i know he wouldn't BS me.
the thing is, is that i dont recall it being there before...

Im a techy my self, is there anything any1 thinks i could do to solve this problem ?

its so small, but when im in the dark or playing dark video games then its noticeable.
but its there, and its bugging the crap outa me.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:29 AM

If the parts line up and snap together, not really
Was there by chance a black, insulated piece of cardboard lining the area?
When you apply pressure to the area, does it seem to remedy the problem?
Was the replacement lamp exactly the same?
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 JJ133169

JJ133169
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:49 PM

I don't believe there was ever cardboard. Texture seems the same, just the light is different / noticeable.
When i apply pressure, it seems to hide the bordering black area ( the real small part of black border on all monitors before the case or what ever its called) but the lighting stays.

Is it possible that a small part of the screen went bad at the top?

i see light behind the black area stated above that is on all monitors around all sides.
and to my knowledge, the top lid ( which was what was replaced) seems the exact same.

everything seems to line up...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users