Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech X-530 acting up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

My sound card is just a standard one that comes built in, Realtec High Definition Audio. From the description, my front center and back left work fine, but the front L&R and the back right have stopped working. I am getting no sound from them. I had just moved my computer to another location, but I don't think that's the problem. All the connections look fine, all the plugs are plugged in tightly and in the right place.

Any suggestions on what is wrong? The control unit (on the Front Left that currently does not work) for power, external 3.5 output, and volume work.

EDIT:
I had also semi-recently migrated my HP a6700f into a new case and bought a new PSU. Also got a 4830 for graphics, on board was terrible. Don't know if any of this is connected, I only did very casual tests after migrating.
Come to think of it, I could have messed up while wiring up my components. I can get some pics up if you need them. The mobo integrated components in/out plugs (horrible description, don't know what they are really called. I'm referring to all the plugs on the back of the computer, USB, PS2, VGA, firewire, ethernet plugs, etc) are not lined up perfectly. The audio ports (6, black, blue, green, orange, white, pink) are not messed up, just one of the USB and PS2 ports (2x)

Some links:
SPEAKERS: Logitech X-530 @ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...1-118-_-Product
CASE: NZXT M-59 @ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16811146058
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W @ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817341016
ORIGINAL BUILD: HP a6700f @ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...7-861-_-Product

Edited by maki2012, 25 February 2010 - 07:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

Can you take the old I/O shield out of the HP and see if it will work in the new case
They normally just pop out

As far as the speakers go. Take a working speaker and test all of the jacks in the back with the good speaker
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 maki2012

maki2012
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

I had already popped the shield out and put it in, perfect fit but the holes aren't lining up too well. Stupid OEM mobos. I've been able to work around it, I just didn't know if it would be having an affect on the audio ports. For testing the ports, this is the only major speaker set I have that aren't real speakers (aka not made for computer use). The best I can do is test the headphone jack with a pair of earbuds. The green port works fine, the others are an orange and black one.

EDIT:
Moving the black (back speakers) plug to the grey/white (side) speakers seemed to reactivate the rear right speaker. I had to change the speaker config from 5.1 to 7.1, just disabling the rear speakers.

EDIT:
The front right seems to work, but at a very low volume, even with all the volumes boosted up.

EDIT:
I've been able to get to a stable-er 3.1 system. The two front left and right speakers are still dead. When I plug the front speakers into the front green jack, both work. When I plug in my headphones to the back green jack, the right gets very little volume and the left gets none. Does this mean my back green jack is dead?

Edited by maki2012, 25 February 2010 - 08:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users