Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista: Black Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iamz3r0

iamz3r0

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

I know it's a BSOD because I had the same issue when I had Windows XP, but I could never figure out what exactly was causing it. I've tested my RAM using Memtest, swapped my hard drive, reinstalled Windows, and updated my drivers, but I've had no luck what-so-ever trying to fix the problem.

The computer runs for awhile, but randomly flashes to a black screen, and needs to be rebooted before I can do anything. It's extremely frustrating when I'm in an FTP transfer, or downloading a large file, and to have the computer crash.

BIOS: Phoenix AwardBIOS v6.00PG
MOBO Version: PM800-M2
RAM: Approx. 1GB (All Sticks Tested and Clean)
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB EIDE (PATA)
Processor: Intel Pentium III, 3.20GHz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
Sound: No Cards and Unworking Onboard
!@#$ this! I'm getting Windows 7, and if that doesn't work, a Mac!
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

What errors do you see in the Event Viewer?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users