Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oddities

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 165

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

On my pc - win xp home edition - I have two accounts; one administrator, one limited. The limited one is the one i mostly use for web access.

I've noticed lately that whenever I login to the limited account the password blips seem slightly skewed (i've attached photos). If I log out of the limited and go to the administrator account then the blips go back to normal. As long as I'm logged in to the limited account the blips appear skewed, including if I switch accounts while not logging off limited.

I've also noticed that with alot of applications the menu buttons act up with regards to color (i've attached photos).

Any ideas what this might be?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

Okay, so.... it works fine on your administrator account? There are two options I can think of.

1. Go onto your Limited account. Now, go to Control Panel, Display, Change The Theme, scroll to Windows XP. This will reset all font issues, window issues, or anything else. You'll just have to change your wallpaper back to something you like, and your screensaver as well.

2. If option 1 doesn't work, you might have to pull a system restore. Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tool, System Restore. Now, click back to the date before this started happening, and wait for a restart. It should be fine. This is only in a dire situation, and may not work. Option 1 is your best bet.

If this doesn't help, just post back.

#3 165

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

thanks for the reply, I reset the themes in both accounts, the menu thing cleared up and the password blips did not. I didn't do a system restore.

Edited by 165, 04 March 2010 - 04:16 PM.

#4 165

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:41 PM

Regarding the password blips, might that be some spyware issue?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users