Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios not detecting sata

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Greywolf 1960

Greywolf 1960

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hello, hope someone can help with this....Upgraded my OS to Win 7 from XP but into a SATA drive while the XP was in EIDE. That was successlul after I jumpered the SATA300 to SATA150 but when I go to the Bios to make it (SATA) my first boot drive, there is no choice for it in the drop down menu....I can only see the EIDE drives there, and so can't choose Sata to boot first. I have the Asus Socket939 A8V mobo with the latest bios (0229). I want to have My SATA as the boot drive and keep the EIDE as a storage drive. I've tried several things including unplugging the EIDE drive but then the system just tells me there is no master boot drive to boot from. Please help me out here....Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:51 PM

Appears to me that there are no Win 7 drivers for that board...but that has nothing to do with the BIOS.

FWIW: There are any number of boards with the A8V designation at the Asus website...you need to be sure you installed the correct BIOS update.

Louis

#3 Greywolf 1960

Greywolf 1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:41 PM

Hi Louis, thanks for answering my post. I am positive I instaled the correct BIOS update. At start up I will see the IEDE drives and the SATA drive detection but once I go into BIOS, then I can't find it anywhere.
Just want to be able to use it as my system drive and have the EIDE's as storage.

#4 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:50 PM

in BIOS under Advanced --> Onboard Devices --> onchip SATA boot ROM (enabled) , save , reboot

#5 Greywolf 1960

Greywolf 1960
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:53 AM

Thanks Caperdog, but that has been enabled from the begining, even tried disabling it and then reenabling it, just in case it would help....it did not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users