Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Browser has been highjacked

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xbeatle

xbeatle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:42 PM

I see that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue right now..perhaps a new round of virus' have been sent out recently.

Anyway I really appreciate your help and the service that you provide.

My problem is that when trying to access a link that was returned from a Google search, it get redirected to generic "click.com" sites..and on some occasions, a "Danger, you need to run a scan" pop up box will appear under the guise of looking like a Microsoft sanctioned message.

Anyway, as you might imagine, this is upsetting.

I presently run Spybot and it shows no issue..but yet, there is indeed an issue.

I can't get Ad-Aware to load..something goes wrong when clicking on the icon...hangs on "Loading" splash screen.

I have AOL, IE8 and FF 3.58 although I only really use FF

The only virus software that I'm aware of is the McAfee that comes with AOL protection.

I've attached my Hijackthis log.

Please advise when you get a chance.

Thanks so much,

Jonathan

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Members
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:06 PM

Hi xbeatle,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

My name is mpascal, and I will be helping you fix your problem.

Before we begin, I would like to make a few things clear so that we can fix your problem as efficiently as possible:
  • Be sure to follow all my instructions carefully! If there is anything you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask.
  • Please do not do anything or perform other steps unless I have asked you to do so.
  • Please make sure you post all logs I ask you to, and make sure that the entire log gets posted.
  • If you are unsure of how to reply, or need help with anything regarding the website, please look here.
Please keep in mind that I am still in training and so there may be a slight delay between replies. This is so that a resident expert can check my responses to ensure we get your computer fixed as quickly and effectively as possible.

Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide and post back with the following logs:
  • DDS Log
  • GMER Log

Posted Image

Stay with your topic! Topics that go 4 days without a reply will be closed. PM me to reopen.

Please don't PM asking for support. Post on the forums instead.

My help is free, but if you wish to donate and help continue my fight against malware, click here: Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users