Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My sister just broke her Macbook screen and she is crying.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mondia

Mondia

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:26 AM

Hello, this site helped me get rid of some malware just a few days ago, but now my sister is having the computer problems. She broke her screen, and does not have a lot of cash to fix it. I have no clue how feasable it is to fix, perhaps someone can advise.
She says, "My computer is a 15.4 inch macbook pro with a glossy screen. It has the silver keys, not the black, it is a 2008. The mac store wanted 1350.50 to fix it!!"
Does anyone have any words of comfort I can offer her, such as a lead on a cheap replacement part?

http://s752.photobucket.com/albums/xx169/Mondiablue/?action=viewĄt=02-24-10_1227.jpg
Allegedly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:26 AM

A couple options.
http://www.powerbookmedic.com/MacBook-Pro-...en-p-16893.html
http://www.powerbookguy.com/xcart/product....productid=17194

#3 Borealys

Borealys

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 22 March 2010 - 03:48 PM

I hate to say it, but LCD panels are expensive. The 1350 quoted by the Apple store was probably parts AND labour included... but the panel itself directly from Apple is probably in the 1000 dollar range. I don't personally trust panels that come with a price point of 200 - 400 dollars, especially if the Apple one itself is a higher cost for a good reason. Be that as it may, if your sister is strapped for cash then the two links provided may provided a solution. Best of luck!

#4 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:37 AM

If its just for music / internet then buy a cheap $400 Windows machine.

If your one of them people who think Windows machines just get virus all the time , then your wrong.

If you have good anti-virus/anti-spyware/good firewall , you'll be fine.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:49 AM

LCD Panel Matte (Non-LED) MacBook Pro 15.4" - NEW

Just the LCD that goes inside the monitor case for 180. Comes with a 1 year warranty.

#6 thicool

thicool

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

get an external monitor, use that while you save money to replace it.
or just buy a windows laptop, you can buy two pc laptops for the price of one mac lcd screen. haha

#7 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

Once you have a mac its hard to go back haha
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#8 SevendWorm

SevendWorm

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:59 AM

Go to this site, http://www.welovemacs.com/lcdresc.html. They offer the cheapest LCD's for Mac I have checked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users