Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SYSTEM RESTORE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cylon

cylon

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:20 AM

Hi,

I am having a problem with system restore deleting all of my backup points and then will not create a new one until one is manually created. I have checked system restore and it is enabled and running on automatic. I have also checked the task scheduler and it is enabled and running on automatic. I am not sure where to go from here.

I will appreciate any help that might be provided.

thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:26 AM

Have you tried re-restoring to the point you were at before you had these problems?

#3 cylon

cylon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:30 AM

All restore points are missing, I don't know how to restore back when they do not show in system restore.

#4 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:35 AM

Ahh ic,

Alright, do the following

Disable system restore on all drives and reboot your computer.
On the next startup, restart system restore and reboot once more.

See if this fixes anything

This is a really odd problem and im lacking in better judgement for it.

#5 cylon

cylon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2005 - 12:27 PM

I did as you suggested and the system restore created a backup point on the 2nd boot. I guess I will have to wait and see if this fixes the problem or if all restore points will be deleted the next time system restore removes it backup points.

Thanks for you help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users