Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless connection drops intermittently

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jlazz

jlazz

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:49 PM

I can't make any sense of this and couldn't find any resources to help..... I've updated my intel pro wireless driver as part of an XP sp2 reinstall and now the laptop will not remain connected to the wireless network.... wired is no problem for the laptop but wireless keeps dropping and connecting in quick succession...repeatedly until finally it disconnects.

We have a total of 4 computers in the house 3 of which, 2 laptops (toshiba sattelite and Dell Inspiron) and a desktop, work perfectly while connected to the wireless network or wired.....

My Environment:
Panasonic Toughbook (laptop) cd-50 running XP SP2 with the latest updates (except sp3)
Intel pro/wireless 2100 3B mini pci adapter ver: 1.2.5.37
Belkin N Wireless Router with the latest firmware (3.01.29)
Modem is a Motorola using Shaw Cable for Internet

Any thoughts or direction would be most appreciated....

Thanks in advance.

Jon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:34 AM

What kind of house are you in, how far apart are the laptops in relation to the access point? Distance to and construction material used in the walls between the wifi card and access point play an important roll in how good of a signal you can get.

Have you upgraded the firmware on your Belkin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users