Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iamwired.net problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vinieux

vinieux

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:22 PM

I went through a nightmare trying to rid my Firefox of the problem of links randomly redirecting me to iamwired.net. Read a whole loooong post in these forums and tried half a dozen of the solutions posted there... Lost track of the number of malware removers and killers I loaded thanks to that post. All came out clean

I found a very simple solution to identify the damn thing... so I registered here just to post it...

Check your Firefox Extensions for an Extension/Addon called Loudmo Ad Assistant that you would NOT have installed in all probability but it got there anyhow...

Uninstall this filthy extension and you are good to go...

ALSO, check your Add/Remove Programs for a program called Loudmo Ad Assistant and uninstall it if it exists. I did it after uninstalling the extension and Add/Remove program said "Cannot remove because it seems to have been already removed"

I also cleaned my registry of all entries reflecting loudmo There was one under Current User, Software, Microsoft, Search Assistant...

Unfortunately I could not post this under that same topic because it was closed... so posting it as a new topic...

I do hope this helps some of you struggling with the problem... Thanks...

vinieux

Edited by Pandy, 25 February 2010 - 01:15 AM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users