Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I remove Adware.IST/ISTBar (Slotch Bar) from Win7?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MickLong

MickLong

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:45 PM

My anti spyware program keeps finding this Adware.IST/ISTBar (Slotch Bar) in the registry. I keep quarantining it, it keeps coming back. How do I kill the evil thing?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bandaid1968

bandaid1968

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:27 AM

instead of quarantine try deleting it and also try malwarebytes its free and also rule of thumb when your anitvirus/antimalware finds an infection never quarantine always delete or it will show up again in my past experience

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Edited by bandaid1968, 25 February 2010 - 08:29 AM.

#3 MickLong

MickLong
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:58 AM

Hi, this damned thing still doesn't want to go away. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

I have detected it using Superantispyware, it places it in quarantine, but when i restart the computer it seems to have gotten itself back into the registry.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 02 March 2010 - 09:15 PM.
Merged topics. ~ OB

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,949 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 AM

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:16 PM

Hello,

It sounds as though something is protecting the baddie. Given that, I suggest you follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 MickLong

MickLong
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:36 PM

Thanks guys. A scan found that the anti - malware had killed the little bastard, yaaay. :thumbsup:

Thank you both!

Edited by MickLong, 03 March 2010 - 11:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users