Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Going Cordless

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shammie

shammie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:23 AM

What do i need to go cordless on my key pad + mouse as all these wires are a mess, also how do i install them a cordless key pad + mouse. I am a 60yr old beginner and any help would be appreciated.thanks Shammie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:09 AM

Hi right i have a cordless keyboard and mouse made by labtec.

When you get your cordless keypad and mouse read up on it first.

Follow everything that it tells you to. putting the battery's in etc.

Then insert the CD-ROM first and let it install the drivers etc.

Once that is done then insert the leads in where the mouse and keypad normally goes, let the wizard find it, and once it has finished telling you that the hardware is installed and ready to use you will now find you should be able to use it.

What you want to make sure off is that you either use rechargable batteries or have a good supply as the mouse will use 2 every 5 or 6 days.

Hope this helps you.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:36 AM

If you were acually asking on info for switching a wired keyboard/mouse to wireless, then im afraid its not currently possible

youll just need to purchase one and follows don's instructions above

Edited by TEB, 07 September 2005 - 11:37 AM.

#4 shammie

shammie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:03 AM

Thanks the Don for the helpful reply, i'm going to purchase my mouse + key board + follow your advice + hopfully with no mistakes should should have a cable free zone. Thanks again Shammie :thumbsup:

#5 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:31 AM

Thanks the Don for the helpful reply, i'm going to purchase my mouse + key board + follow your advice + hopfully with no mistakes should should have a cable free zone. Thanks again Shammie :thumbsup:

Glad to of been of help, if you get stuck do get back either me or someone else will help you.
Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users