Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CoreFoundation.dll is missing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PatriceD

PatriceD

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:38 PM

I know i have a redirect virus hxxp://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157 So I am trying to install the free version of AVG but it needs CoreFoundation.dll to install and I dont know where to get it. Any suggestions?

I think this may be tied to a problem I am having when I start Google Chrome. It wont work. I just puts up this address - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157 but never loads. I see the same id on IE and firefox when it tries to redirect me.

PatriceD

Edited by PatriceD, 24 February 2010 - 07:45 PM.
Deactivate link and move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 patriciabigelow

patriciabigelow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:46 AM

http://dllcentral.com/corefoundation.dll/1.434.6/

You can get the corefoundation.dll file from the above link.
This is the source, which is best for solving this sort of dll related issues.
Click the Link on this page “Run a Free DLL Scan” and it will fix it for you.

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

Never download any Windows files from unknown sources.

@ PatriceD
We need more info about your computer.

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop.

* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

========================================================================

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/ to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Be sure to restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#4 rhmitul

rhmitul

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

The Apple Software company is responsible for creating and distributing the corefoundation.dll. file. The DLL file suffix is there to identify that the file is a dynamic link library file. Apple’s itune application is the main core component that works in conjunction with the corefoundation.dll file. The corefoundation.dll file is built to open the various types of multimedia files with the iTunes application. There are other Apple applications that use this corefoundation.dll file as well, but iTunes is the most predominant. If you have come across the “corefoundation.dll was not found or is missing” error, you can resolve it through these steps.

Steps to Fix the Corefoundation.dll is Missing Error

There are several errors that this error could cause, but they are all the same. The core issue is that the application cannot find the this file. If you still see the error after you have gone through step 2, you need run a virus/spyware check on your computer to make sure it is not affected.

Steps 1 – You can begin by uninstalling the Apple application that is causing the problem. If your iTunes application is giving you the corefoundation.dll error, you should remove it from your system. After the removal, you need to restart your computer. Now, download the latest version of the Apple application and run it on your computer. Make sure that the installation is done through the recommended option and not the custom option.

Step 2 – If the application now runs without the error, you should be fine. However, if you still see that this is missing, keep reading. You can retrieve the this file from the internet in order to replace the one you have now. You can corefoundation.dll download .Now Go to My Computer and in the address bar, enter C:\Windows\system32 and place the corefoundation.dll file in it. There will be a file with the same name in the folder, so you need to overwrite it.

Step 3 - Now, you need to go to the Start menu and select Run and input the command “cmd”. The new command prompt will appear and here you enter “regsvr32 corefoundation.dll”. Once this is done, it will configure your system accordingly. Reboot your machine and the this error will be gone.

Edited by rhmitul, 11 September 2011 - 05:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users