Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

microsoft works 9 trial

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vjg

vjg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:57 PM

Would like to uninstall Microsoft Works 9 (trial) from my windows 7 home premium computer.

My concern is that I have heard that when you uninstall this from the add/remove from the control panel, that there are afew items that do not get uninstalled.

If this is true, could you please tell me how to completely remove this from my computer.

I have just installed Open Office (free) on this computer.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:45 PM

Simply use Revo Uninstaller. It scans your computer after running the program's uninstaller, and deletes the leftovers if you tell it to.

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

I use it all the time, and I'm sure more than a few people can vouch for it's reliability. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:35 AM

IMHO I would use REVO first. Reason being if you use some thing else first and it leaves some thing behind Revo might not be able to find it to get rid of the left overs. I have used Revo and it has always worked. Use it carefully, follow the instructions. If you check the wrong thing it will be removed also. Windows trial versions of Works, Office are hard to get rid of using add/remove. I have found when removing Windows Office trial using add/remove it left all kinds of things behind and it took me for ever to find the left overs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users