Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network "Connected" to Internet, "Server Not Found Error"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hockeymidget8

hockeymidget8

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:46 PM

Hello.

I have a Compaq Presario V2000 Laptop, with a built-in wireless network connector. Recently, I have come across the problem of not being able to connect to the internet. I've tried on multiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE), but all come up with some sort of "Server Not Found" message. I am connected to my usual wireless network with a good signal strength, but I am still unable to get on any web page.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the network, and restarting my computer, but to no avail. Other computers on this wireless network (like the one I'm on now) work fine.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hockeymidget8

hockeymidget8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

....hello?

#3 hockeymidget8

hockeymidget8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:03 PM

Okay so I see 100+ people have viewed this but no one has said anything...

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter in device manager...that didn't work either.

#4 lemmegetatthat

lemmegetatthat

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

I am experiencing this right now, wth?

the only thing i can find is that when i load a site in firefox, firefox says "looking up www.xxxx.com" in the bottom left corner status box. for instance, when i tried to access this site, i got server not found, reloaded a few times and saw the status saying looking up amazon.com, and then some other weird sites. what gives?

#5 Lors

Lors

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 07:50 AM

i am having the same problem ryt now.. did you resolve your problem? thnx :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users