Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:17 PM

i have a hiro wireless card installed on vista ultimate x64 it connects fine to the local network but wont connect to the internet. it has no bugs this is a new build asus m3n78pro m/b amd phenon 9500x4 processor 8gb ocz fatallatyddr2 1066 in the property box for the card it says driver info c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtl85n64
the wireless card was purchasd from tiger direct it is 802 11g hiro h50069 all help appreciated
rayj

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:24 PM

Have you checked your wireless settigns to make sure that the card is being allowed to access the internet? I had this problem with my son's Vista laptop a couple of years ago but I haven't had much experience with Vista since then. It seems to me though that the firewall was the culprit. There may be others on the board that have more experience though.
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users