Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:19 AM
I initially posted a question about the problem I was having with M/S Outlook [the program would not open] and it was erroneously moved to the Anti-Virus Section. After posting a highjack this log etc... I was informed [quite rightly] that my problem had nothing to do with a virus or malware!
IT IS NOT A PROBLEM ASSOCIATED WITH THESE EVENTS!
What it does have to do with, is a CONFLICT with the updated free version of the popular AdAware Program
EVERYONE SHOULD BE WARNED ABOUT THIS!
I was about to reformat my C:\ drive in desperation... after I had tried to restore a previous version that had worked... when I opened AdAware it asked me if I would like to download and install the latest version [free]. I did so, and then it updated. From that point on the problem recurred!
I tried to open Microsoft Outlook Express and the Program Window would open only momentarily!
DISASTER. I rely on the calendar here and sync it to my PDA, but now I could not access it on my Desktop Computer!
As soon as I UNINSTALLED AdAware, the program behaved quite well again!
I tried to send Lavasoft an email about this problem because surely I am not the only one using Microsoft Outlook Express but could not locate a facility for contacting them via email with reference to a technical problem. So I sent them an email to their sales department.
You might want to circulate this bug to your fellow 'techies'.