Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Outlook Conflict

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nabbers

nabbers

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:19 AM

I initially posted a question about the problem I was having with M/S Outlook [the program would not open] and it was erroneously moved to the Anti-Virus Section. After posting a highjack this log etc... I was informed [quite rightly] that my problem had nothing to do with a virus or malware!
IT IS NOT A PROBLEM ASSOCIATED WITH THESE EVENTS!
What it does have to do with, is a CONFLICT with the updated free version of the popular AdAware Program
EVERYONE SHOULD BE WARNED ABOUT THIS!
I was about to reformat my C:\ drive in desperation... after I had tried to restore a previous version that had worked... when I opened AdAware it asked me if I would like to download and install the latest version [free]. I did so, and then it updated. From that point on the problem recurred!
I tried to open Microsoft Outlook Express and the Program Window would open only momentarily!
DISASTER. I rely on the calendar here and sync it to my PDA, but now I could not access it on my Desktop Computer!
As soon as I UNINSTALLED AdAware, the program behaved quite well again!
I tried to send Lavasoft an email about this problem because surely I am not the only one using Microsoft Outlook Express but could not locate a facility for contacting them via email with reference to a technical problem. So I sent them an email to their sales department.
You might want to circulate this bug to your fellow 'techies'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

You could try telling them here
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showforum=176
The moderators supposedly submit bug reports
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users