Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes periodically after malware removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 spaceace2000

spaceace2000

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:56 AM

Hi - I'm new to BleepingComputer, and I need some help figuring out if I have an infection on my PC.

When following links in my browser I was periodically getting the "My Computer Online Scan" screen come up which I know was caused by Malware.

I ran MBAM which did detect an infection:

C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\{35DC3473-A719-4d14-B7C1-FD326CA84A0C}.job (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

I then ran SuperAntiSpyware which didn't find anything significant.

All appeared to be well for a few days then the "My Computer Online Scan" started appearing again. Also my computer seems very slow at times, particularly with IE but sometimes with other apps as well. MBAM and SAS both failed to find anything this time.

I'd like some advice on how to find out if I still have some malware on my computer that's causing th go-slow/freezes and also if I have really got rid of "My Computer Online Scan", please.

Many thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users