Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Internet Security Virus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 woodydw7

woodydw7

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:07 AM

I have a virus that keeps popping up and claims to be 'Vista Internet Security' but its clearly a virus. The only antivirus programs I had was AVG free version. Not sure how I got it, I only use safe websites (at least I thought so), and nobody else has used the computer .

I followed these steps to try to remove it:

Step 1: Go here and download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware for free. Save the file to your desktop. If Internet Security 2010 does not allow you to download anything, you should download the setup on another computer and use an USB stick or a CD/DVD to transfer the files needed. Remember to place the setup file on the desktop.

Step 2: Click here to download the rkill.com file. Once the download is complete, run it. The rkill.com file will make sure the Internet Security 2010 will be closed for good so it does not interfere with the removal process.

Step 3: Close all open applications and windows. You now should be on the desktop.

Step 4: Run the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware setup from the desktop.

Step 5: Go with the default settings during the install. CRUCIAL: Make sure you tell the software to automatically update itself (there’s a box you need to check during the install to make that happen). In addition, make sure you tell MBAM to automatically launch itself once the install and update processes are complete.

Step 6: When Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware loads, go to the Scanner screen, select “Perform Quick Scan” and then click the “Scan” button.

Step 7: When the scan is complete, press the Show Results button under the main “Scanner” tab.

Step 8: Check all the detected infections (so you remove both Internet Security 2010 and all related Trojans, as well as any other malware detected).

Step 9: When the removal process is complete, a log of the scan will be displayed in a Notepad window. You now have successfully removedInternet Security 2010, all related Trojans and any other infections detected by Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware.

No luck.
I tried to do a system restore, but after rebooting it said that it couldn't restore.
I tried running the steps above while in safe mode, no luck.

Anyone else have this virus? Know what to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users