Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cooling

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 macaster

macaster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:54 AM

To start with let me give my system specs.

Windows XP Home
Intel 865 PERL
1 G Corsair DDR 400
Intel P4E
RADEON 9550
Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS
Western Digital 80 G and a 40 G

Antec 1080 AWG case

The 430 Watt PS is a dual fan, one sucking air in from the bottom and of course the rear one is for exhaust.
There is an 80mm fan on the side panel that sucks air in.
Two fans in the front of the tower suck air in
Two fans in the rear (factory setup) that work as exhaust.
The heatsink and fan for the CPU are stock for the P4.

As I type this, the room is aproximately 72 degrees. The processor is showing aproximately 58 degrees Centigrade. On a load, which can be as simple as a shockwave game cause the temperature to rise to aproximately 75 degrees Centigrade. Higly unacceptable. I've checked voltages, swapped out memory (have had overheating issues in the past due to poor memory) taken the heatsink loose and insured proper seating. I am at a total loss. Any input will be much apreciated.

thank you in advance

Matt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 07 September 2005 - 08:02 AM

Did you use thermal paste before setting the fan on the CPU? Are you using a large enough fan for the CPU?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 macaster

macaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 07 September 2005 - 01:42 PM

Yes, I used Arctic Silver 5 and the aplicator to make certain I didn't over do it. As for the fan and heatsink, I'm using the standard that comes with the boxed set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users