Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can read CDs from my XP Home Guest account but not from the other two admin accounts.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 L8989

L8989

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:03 AM

Like the title says. I mean WTF?? It was a custom that a so-called friend of the family conned my mother into buying(at inflated prices, I checked). Told my mom not to trust him but she felt sorry for him because he just lost his job working for a company that make computers. :thumbsup: Loser actually has the balls to act like I am a idiot that don't know anything about computers, speaking to me like I am a baby. This isn't the only problem I have but most of the others are manageable. I had to put in a new RAM chip because the one he place in was only had 128 megs, added a 1 gig RAM chip from best buy, and a new sound card because there was no sound card.

Anyways, I can see the disk drive in my computer and it knows when there is a cd in there. I have to manually access the files or .exe for installing things like Microsoft Office in Guest (it basically does not autorun when a cd is place in) but I don't even get that in my admin accounts. It either sits there doing nothing or it tells me to insert a cd when I try right clicking on the disk drive in the admin accounts.

EDIT: I am pretty sure that this problem has something to do with the OS or at least part of the software because I have taken the drives out and placed them in another computer before. Unfortunately the guy that made the thing refused to give me the OS installion disk. Didn't bother to put a CD image on there either.

Edited by L8989, 24 February 2010 - 12:13 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:11 AM

You could try this fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben...p;x=12&y=13
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 L8989

L8989
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:19 AM

I will try it later but I think I have tried that method before. One of the first things I did was to look through the microsoft support pages, can't really remember, I been poking at this problem on and off for two weeks now due to school and work. I will try it in a few hours when I have time thank you, Budapest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users