Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

boot from CD...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dmjefe

dmjefe

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:51 PM

I upgraded my hard drive to 320 GB. I try to install windows XP Professional. When it says "Press any key to boot from CD..." I do, but then it freezes on this screen and does nothing and allows nothing to be done. I am forced to shutdown. I have tried my windows XP CD on anther computer and I was able to open and view the CD fine. What could be the problem? I downloaded Ultimate Boot CD but I don't know how to use it. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JRockZ

JRockZ

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:07 AM

I upgraded my hard drive to 320 GB. I try to install windows XP Professional. When it says "Press any key to boot from CD..." I do, but then it freezes on this screen and does nothing and allows nothing to be done. I am forced to shutdown. I have tried my windows XP CD on anther computer and I was able to open and view the CD fine. What could be the problem? I downloaded Ultimate Boot CD but I don't know how to use it. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Check your bios settings and make sure you have usb keybaord support enabled (Depending on your bios) and or get a PS2 keyboard ( I saw one at walmart today for 9 bucks) if thats not what your already using. You should then be able to enter into setup.
Good luck

Edited by JRockZ, 24 February 2010 - 12:10 AM.

JRkZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users