Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello everyone!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GeekwithGlasses

GeekwithGlasses

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:24 PM

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I'm a newbie tech. I've had all of 3 months experience repairing computers on an actual business level (not just being the "go-to" guy for family and friends). I am now a hired tech for a small company. We specialize in virus removal and optimization but also fix just about everything as well. We have had lots of virus removals thrown our way because 99% of our business comes from home computer owners. This site will help me a great deal and already has. I want to be able to remove viruses by just removing them and not running a scan tool all the time. I looked at the Malware Removal guide and I plan on taking my tech skills to the next level, rather than always relying on a scan tool. I'll know if a virus is truly gone because I took the time and had the skills to search after it myself. Does that sound too presumtuous? :thumbsup:

Looking forward to working with you all.

A special thanks to the creator of this site and all the people who gather and report such valuable information.

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JRockZ

JRockZ

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:31 PM

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I'm a newbie tech. I've had all of 3 months experience repairing computers on an actual business level (not just being the "go-to" guy for family and friends). I am now a hired tech for a small company. We specialize in virus removal and optimization but also fix just about everything as well. We have had lots of virus removals thrown our way because 99% of our business comes from home computer owners. This site will help me a great deal and already has. I want to be able to remove viruses by just removing them and not running a scan tool all the time. I looked at the Malware Removal guide and I plan on taking my tech skills to the next level, rather than always relying on a scan tool. I'll know if a virus is truly gone because I took the time and had the skills to search after it myself. Does that sound too presumtuous? :thumbsup:

Looking forward to working with you all.

A special thanks to the creator of this site and all the people who gather and report such valuable information.

Thank you!

Welcome Geek (Lol did that sound bad?) I like you am the guy stuck fixing everyones PC and ive even done and made good money building bare bones systems and refurbishing old wrecks back to new , Ive even offfered FREE repairs on craigslist and have many happy customers especially the broke ones lol. I always advertize that i DO NOT do virus repairs because i know what a pain it can be so All the more power to ya and Sounds like you got a nice new gig going there i wish i had someone come my way and offr me a job like that in a small repair shop,, hey i only want 12 bucks an hour,, Got any openiongs?? Anyhow welcome aboard Im new here too but not for very long :flowers: :trumpet:
JRkZ

#3 GeekwithGlasses

GeekwithGlasses
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:59 PM

Hey thanks JRockZ! Welcome to you as well. Hopefully we can help each other along the way. Yeah it is a good gig but like you said those virus removals can be painful but we do lots of other things too. My boss is going to show me how to replace DC jacks and lcd screens on laptops. He gets dc jack repairs all the time and has kind of specialized in it. I would rather like more variety and prefer to do the removals, optimize, upgrades, back ups, you name it. Sounds like you have a good niche there as well. Especially if the price is right where you are getting your parts which anables you to make some good money in the process. oh, and sorry no openings right now, we are jsut starting up and wouldn't have enough work for ya! :thumbsup:

#4 JRockZ

JRockZ

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

Hey thanks JRockZ! Welcome to you as well. Hopefully we can help each other along the way. Yeah it is a good gig but like you said those virus removals can be painful but we do lots of other things too. My boss is going to show me how to replace DC jacks and lcd screens on laptops. He gets dc jack repairs all the time and has kind of specialized in it. I would rather like more variety and prefer to do the removals, optimize, upgrades, back ups, you name it. Sounds like you have a good niche there as well. Especially if the price is right where you are getting your parts which anables you to make some good money in the process. oh, and sorry no openings right now, we are jsut starting up and wouldn't have enough work for ya! :thumbsup:

LOL No Prob im sure you probably arent even anywhere near Texas anyhow and i cant affor a move right now at least not for that little money LOL,, I dont so much mind the virus issues theres plenty of programs and instructions for removing those peskys its the fact that everyone wants thier data backed up first and i just do this out of a little shed in my girls back yard so im not going to spend/wait hours for files to copy over. See ya around
Rock On!!
JRkZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users