Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Resolution

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 webdesignerken

webdesignerken

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:29 PM

I tried changing the resolution from 640x 480 to 800 x 600 and the screen blurred so much I couldn't see anything. The whole monitor was distorted. I have Windows 98. The computer is fairly old, but the monitor should support higher resolutions. What should i do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:15 AM

Have you tried reinstalling the video drives? Make sure you have the drivers before you do.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 webdesignerken

webdesignerken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2005 - 01:49 PM

I believe the drivers are installed....It's hard to describe the blur. like I see the back ground color with blurred two windows of the destop properties..almost like the screen in the eyes of a drunk person.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:00 PM

What does it look like in SAFE MODE?

#5 webdesignerken

webdesignerken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:43 PM

This is a computer at my school. I'll need to check tomorrow...Can you tell me what I should(n't) see....and then possible solutions....I'll check in the morning to see if you respond...if not I'll reply again whitth my findings...I'll try to get a acreenshot to give you an idea.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:53 PM

In SAFE MODE the res. should be 640x480 16 color and clear. If you don't have the disstorion in SAFE MODE I would download the latest drivers (DriversGuide) then delete the display adapter in the device manager. When you restart the computer it should prompt you it install the new drivers.
It will ask you if you want to auto detect or manually config. choose manual. When the list displays choose "Have Disk" browse to the folder you downloaded the drivers to. Besure to unzip the drivers after you have downloaded then but before you attempt to install them.
If you are not sure you have downloaded the correct drivers DO NOT proceed.

#7 webdesignerken

webdesignerken
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:48 PM

Tried the driver....Didn't work. I even tried to take a screen shot to show you what it looks like, but the screenshot doesn't distort. Someone mentioned the refresh rate. I tried every one, but it still was the same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users