Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W7 incompatibility means no sound driver

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MsJackie

MsJackie

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:30 PM

Hi

I've got a four-ish year old Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M1437G laptop on which I've just had W7 installed... only to learn that W7 is incompatible that make of laptop (it's too old apparently) and as a result there is sound driver for it and ergo now no sound on my laptop. Has anyone else had this problem and is there any way to remedy it other than either getting a new laptop or putting my XP back on it?

Thanks

Jackie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:23 PM

If there is no driver available (I checked their website, and they only have XP drivers), then you have 3 options: buy a new laptop (my recommendation), go without sound, or just go back to XP. Sorry, Jackie. :huh:
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:59 AM

If there is no driver available (I checked their website, and they only have XP drivers), then you have 3 options: buy a new laptop (my recommendation), go without sound, or just go back to XP. Sorry, Jackie. :huh:

Heres another option: Get a USB Headset.

#4 FAST_FILLY

FAST_FILLY

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:47 AM

HELP!! I'm joking of course, because I know y'all are going to recommend either purchase a new notebook (this one's not six months old) or reformat my hard drive. In either case -- SCREAM!! After numerous attempts at troubleshooting and hundreds of mb. of downloads HP told me to FedEx my notebook back to them. I said, "Gee, I'd really love to but the two previous times I did that I ended up on the LOSING end of that proposition."

Ready? I have NO AUDIO. Hopefully, all the stars and planets will be perfectly aligned and someone is going to make a suggestion I've actually not heard before. Please? Come on, I'm truly losing it here! :huh: I'm not a novice so I've spent the past eight weeks digging around in an attempt to help myself. Instead, day after day, this BLEEPING COMPUTER continues to hold my MP3s hostage.

I nearly forgot: When I run the troubleshooter I get the same old message, the Detestable Audio Device is DISABLED! BULL! I can locate no evidence of it being disabled, however, at times I get the Hated No Driver Installed as stated above -- that's why I posted here.

HELP? Many thanks everyone, even if you don't have any new ideas.

~Samantha

Edited by FAST_FILLY, 13 March 2010 - 03:52 AM.

#5 MsJackie

MsJackie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:37 AM

Thanks all (and sorry for big delay in replying -housemove and ensuing upheaval). I guess I need to review my options........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users