Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'System' process uploading a lot of data

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 edbyford

edbyford

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

Hi all,

My internet was running slow so I decided to check it out. I started the Resource monitor from the Task Manager and I notice that the process 'System' is uploading a lot of data, even more than a Mozy task I had running. I have a screenshot showing the numbers - most of the time it was around the 900,000 B/sec mark but while I've been watching I've seen it hit 1,000,000 and even 2,000,000.

What is this process, and why is it uploading so much data?

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aus Smithy

Aus Smithy

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:34 AM

It is possible that your PC has been taken over and is being used as a slave to transmit. Have you checked for viruses etc?
Suggest you check with the Security Forum.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:00 AM

Can you bring down the window listed TCP Connections and Open Ports?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users