Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Counter Spy and Spy Sweeper

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rcm35

rcm35

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:57 PM

I would like to have Counter Spy and Spy Sweeper running on my Windows 2000 partition at the same time. Are there any known problems or conflicts in doing this?

Someone suggested only allowing one of them, for example Counter Spy, to run at startup, and then do scans with the other one as appropriate, but wouldn't that negate the entire idea of having them both working at the same time to provide complete coverage and protection?

Is anyone actually running these programs simultaneously? Any conflicts?

If it turns out to be ok to run them simultaneously, should I use a startup manager to control the order and timing of startup so as to avoid any possible conflicts between them? If so, any recommendations for a good startup manager?

Sorry for all the related questions, but they avoid my posting several similar messages all about the same problem.

Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users