Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivirus Soft

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eterain

Eterain

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:17 AM

Hello all, I am a beginner at getting rid of viruses, but I have gotten viruses before like Antivirus Soft and usually rkill and malwarebytes does the trick in normal mode. This time, I followed the guide from bleepingcomputer and started my computer in safe mode with networking. There were two options for my Windows XP and I picked the first one and logged in as the Compaq Administrator. I got into Safe Mode with Networking and started using Mozilla Firefox. The Antivirus Soft was not there on the task bar or anything anymore (only the time shows), and I followed the instructions and used rkill and tried to run Malwarebytes-antimalware, but since I am in safe mode, it will not allow me to run it.

So I try going back into normal mode, but Antivirus Soft is so fast at deleting programs that I have no chance of running rkill. I tried downloading so many rkill files on firefox and opening all at the same time, but Antivirus Soft deletes all at the same time. Since I cannot use rkill, I cannot use Malwarebytes to get rid of it.

Is there a way in Safe Mode to use Malwarebytes or just get rid of all the programs Antivirus Soft is using? I would do it manually, but I don't know where to start in my programs to find the HKEYs and stuff like that. I tried looking through files, but that gave me a headache, I tried searching in safe mode for them, but you have to search for files, not HKEYs....

Help please! This is literally driving me crazy. I spent well over 3 hours figuring everything out, and it is STILL not working! Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

Hello please look at our removal guide.'
Remove Antivirus Soft (Uninstall Guide)
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Eterain

Eterain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:26 AM

Hello please look at our removal guide.'
Remove Antivirus Soft (Uninstall Guide)

That's what I used? AND its not working. It says go into safe mode and use rkill and Malwarebytes. I DID THAT, but safe mode does not allow me to use Malwarebytes at all.

Sorry for the caps, I'm just having a bad day ;_;

Edited by Eterain, 23 February 2010 - 01:27 AM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

No problem.. I just needed to check which guide. Seems we need a deeper look.

You will need to Download and Run DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log..
If for some reason you cannot perform a step, move on to the next.
Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 thru 8 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help . Then go here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know if it went OK.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Eterain

Eterain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2010 - 07:13 PM

No problem.. I just needed to check which guide. Seems we need a deeper look.

You will need to Download and Run DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log..
If for some reason you cannot perform a step, move on to the next.
Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 thru 8 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help . Then go here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know if it went OK.

Antivirus Soft doesn't allow me to open anything...I tried, but I can't open that DDS. I used this guide: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...-antivirus-soft

But in Safe Mode, I cannot run rkill or malwarebytes antimalware. In normal mode, I can't run rkill as Antivirus Soft doesn't let me open it. I use a Windows XP by the way.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,440 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:32 PM

Which browser are you using?

#7 Eterain

Eterain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:40 PM

Which browser are you using?

I'm using Firefox, and it works in normal mode.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users