Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer just will not start....?!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robf130

robf130

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:53 PM

When I turn on my computer, it begins to boot and everything but then the screen goes black after only a few seconds of display. The monitor doesn't turn off, a display just doesn't show up anymore. Likewise, the computer doesn't turn off either but keeps running. It is as if nothing is wrong except that the screen is completely black.

I know the monitor is CAPABLE of producing a display because when I turn it on, you can see the first boot-up display. I can press DEL and enter setup and toggle through all the settings there but I don't know what I'm doing. But once I exit this setup and allow the computer to boot up to enter windows, the screen goes blank and that's about it.

Up until this, my computer was acting a little strange. It was a little bit slow (but nothing ridiculous) and when I had several programs running, it would start this terrible annoying alarm sound until I shut it off. I am pretty sure it was set to make the alarm when the temperature inside reached 120 degrees. So it was overheating for some reason.

Well, anyways, can someone offer any suggestions? Does anyone know of something I can do once I'm in the "setup" section before it boots up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:19 PM

What kind of computer, os, processor, ram, hd, etc. Can you boot into your bios setup? It may be your hard drive. If that is okay, then try booting from a rescue disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users