Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Airport Extreme retrieving password?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:16 PM

Hey guys im about to go and retrive a password on my friends Airport Extreme Router(She Lost Password)

How do I retrive the password?

Can I do it like any other standard router or is it specific>maybe I can go to its IP adress or push its reset button? Any Help and suggestions
appreciated> thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Josh3

Josh3

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 05:17 PM

Soft Reset

"Under what circumstances will I need to do a reset?
Soft reset: Perform this reset if your have forgotten your password. A soft reset resets your password and disables security settings (Access Control and RADIUS settings are temporarily interrupted). Forgetting the password would normally prevent you from connecting to or configuring the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule. If you make no changes within five minutes of doing a soft reset, the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule will revert back to its former state. All of the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule's settings will be available after it has restarted."

Perhaps try doing this and see if it works?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users