Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

internet problems with internet!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kitkin15

kitkin15

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

i JUST got portable salix for my flashdrive and im having trouble with my internet.

this is how it looks:

SERVER NOT FOUND
firefox can not find the server at www.thissite.com

1. check the address for misspellings

2. check your computers network connections

3. if your network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that firefox is allowed through.

i think that my problem is eaither number 2 or 3, i know that there are no misspellings, i tried my site, google, bing, and more and the same thing happens.
i have the proxy set to defult, i switched it to auto detect to see if that was the problem, it wasnt so i switched it back to defult.

i think it has to do with my firewall....could it be windows vista's firewall? i love the program except for this, i want to keep the program but if this dont work out than ill have to get rid of it =(.

thanks for any and all help =)
Fix everything, if nothing is left to fix than break something.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 leejam

leejam

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:47 PM

Is Vista still running? If so, you may need to allow your Slax distro access to the internet. Click here for a guide on how to do this. If Vista isn't running, then we need some more information, like, what kind of connection you have - wired or wireless, DSL or Cable.

I'll be AFK for the next hour or so, so try that guide or post some more info, please :thumbsup:

#3 kitkin15

kitkin15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:50 AM

vista is still running yes, i am looking at that link now, but i wont be able to do anything untill i get home in about 6 hours =( thanks for the help, i will post what happens

#4 kitkin15

kitkin15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:53 AM

ok i looked at that link. it says that it will show all the programs on my computer, but i run slax from my flashdrive, so dont know if that will work =(

if i can get anything for portable programs being allowed to access my internet i would like that =) thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users