Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i need program ID

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tjeff

tjeff

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:59 PM

I need help I dentifying a program I found in my computer. I have been looking around this site for a while trying to figure this thing out, but now just need to now quickly what it is. McAfee and Microsoft both told me it sounds like a virus, but it doesn't get picked up as such.
It started like this- I found it listed in the trask manager and don't recall ever seeing it there before. It showed up right after I downloaded docs using emule and aquired a trojan. The trojan is gone. At first, I could shut it off and I t would stay off, but now it will just turn right back on. It also shutts off whan A McAfee scan is in progress. Please note that I can't seem to find it listed anyplace else and so I guess I am confused.
This Thing is listed as CIDGlobalLight.exe.
What is it and do I need to lose it? Also How?
Thanks to all who help.

Edited by Orange Blossom, 22 February 2010 - 09:05 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sashacat

Sashacat

• Members
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 01:33 AM

Rkill:
http://www.technibble.com/rkill-repair-tool-of-the-week/
(Program description copied/pasted from technibble.com's website):
Rkill is a small, freeware and portable tool designed to terminate active malware processes allowing you to use other removal tools. Rkill is made by a Microsoft MVP “Lawrence Abrams” and is available in 4 different extensions. An .EXE, .COM, .SCR and a .PIF file.
The reason why Rkill comes in 4 different versions is because some malware will block .EXE files in an attempt to prevent you from running other malware removal tools, so this gets around that problem.

Then, immediately after running Rkill, scan with Malwarebytes':
How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to scan and remove malware from your computer
Posted by Grinler on February 16, 2010

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-remo...alware-tutorial

ATF Cleaner:
http://www.atribune.org/index.php?option=c...5&Itemid=25
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browser
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Notes for Windows Vista users:
On Windows Vista that "Windows Temp" is disabled, to empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please include in your next reply the results of the Malwarebytes' scan log (copy/paste the full text).

If we don't change the direction we are going,
We are likely to end up where we are headed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users