Here's what's happening. Apparently someone inadvertently installs some antivirus protection (ESET). This program then gives a false warning, telling you to fix the problem you must purchase their full protection system at this address:
Instead of reinstalling OP, here's what I did (BTW, the system infected was running XP)
1. Go to safe mode - F8.
2. go to RUN, then type "msconfig"
3. Go to 'Start Up', scroll down looking for fqtsftv and egui and disable
4. Go to control panel 'Add Remove' and look for anything related to "ESET" and uninstall
5. Go to Documents and Settings. In all profiles search 'Application Data' and 'Local Settngs' for anything EST. Delete. Also go to program files and find anything EST and delete
5. Go to Internet Explorer Browser and click on tools, internet options, connections, LAN SETTING...then undo proxy settings
You should be good to go
Edited by stven71, 22 February 2010 - 05:01 PM.