Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Know Of This Company...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ghpr57

Ghpr57

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:56 PM

Forum Members,
I could use a little help here. I'm in need of a new computer but I need to get it on a payment plan. I have decided on an unit from QVC. The computer is a ZT Affinity 7290Li Desktop. It has an Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 650, 6GB DDR3 Memory, 16GB MAX, 1TB SATA Hard Drive, Radeon HD4350 Silent Graphics Card w/ 512MB DDR2 VRAM and DVI/HDMI out, 22X DVD±R/RW, 8-CH High-Definition Audio CODEC w/ jack sensing, Expansion Slots (Total) (1) PCI, (2) PCI Express x1, (1) PCI Express x16,
Expansion Bays (Total) (2) 5.25" Exposed, (1) 3.5" Exposed, (5) 3.5" Hidden and Win7.

Does anyone out there know much about this company, ZT Affinity? I read an old Cnet review on an older model and Cnet said it was a good "Bang for the Buck". The review said the insides were made up of a Seagate HDD, an Asus Motherboard, and of course the Core i5 and the Radeon Video card.

Any info you members might have on this, please share.
Thanks,
Ghpr57 :blink:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:39 PM

My general suggestion would be...rarely, if ever...consider purchasing a computer system that you yourself cannot repair/maintain...form some XYZ purchase point.

That's one of the useful functions that Dell serves...and they will be around to service/maintain said system.

Credit considerations...should never even go inta a purchase decision...in today's economy. Everybody offers credit terms and they don't do it because they are "nice guys". Credit sales have historically been a major part of consumer sales.

That's my advice.

Louis

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

FWIW: I would not trust a CNET or ZDNET endorsement of a product...as far as I could throw a thousand pounds.

Those "reviews" are often nothign but commercials in sheeps' clothing.

Louis

#4 Ghpr57

Ghpr57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:09 AM

hamluis,
Thank you for your reply, but other than your opinion on the reviews from Cnet and ZDnet, you really didn't help with your advice. For one thing ZT computers are backed by a 2 year warranty, and any computer company is only as good as their service department is. These forums are filled with post from Dell & Gateway owners who had trouble with computer breakdowns and problems getting those companies to repair the problem.
Also, in my situation, credit terms are a basic for making a large purchase. After my 5th heart surgery I had to file bankruptcy, so I can't get credit terms from places like Best Buy or Dell. My only recourse is a place like QVC. I admit, QVC would not be my first choice to buy a computer from, but some of us have to work with what is offered to us. QVC still is better then going to some place like Rent-A-Center, where they charge you almost double the retail price.
Respectively,
Ghpr57 :blink:

Edited by garmanma, 23 February 2010 - 06:56 PM.
Remove quotes

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:26 AM

Sounds like you've already made your decision.

Louis

#6 Ghpr57

Ghpr57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:36 AM

Sounds like you've already made your decision.

Louis

Well, I went ahead and got it. Received it last Friday. So far it's been great! I opened it up as soon as I got it and took a look around. It has a MSI Motherboard H55-E33, an MSI ATI Radeon HD4350, a Samsung 1TB HDD Hd103s5, a LG DVDr, the Intel Core i5, 350watt power supply, Win 7 Premium Home, and a Logitech Optical mouse and keyboard. The wiring is very professional...nothing loose, everything all secured and clean. Lots of open space inside. I priced all the above items using "New Egg" as my reference guide, total of those parts (except 350 Power supply) totaled $665. That's not including the mid case. I paid $825 w/tax & shipping (divided into 4 monthly payments w/no interest) from QVC. I went to Best Buy and picked up a HP 2159m Monitor for $233 w/tax. I know if I waited and saved up I might have got a comparable system for about $100 or $200 dollars less, but I don't think I could have gotten a better system...I guess time will tell...BTW: My new computer has a 2 year parts & labor warranty on it.
Thanks to all who replied and wish me luck with this new system,
Ghpr57 smile.gif

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:33 PM

Well done :blink:.

Remember that the only requirement for a system...is to make the owner happy and satisfied with performance. You sound as if you will be that.

Happy computing :wacko:.

Louis

#8 Ghpr57

Ghpr57
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 03 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

Well done :blink:.

Remember that the only requirement for a system...is to make the owner happy and satisfied with performance. You sound as if you will be that.

Happy computing :wacko:.

Louis

hamluis,
Thank you.
Take care,
Ghpr57 :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users