Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Printing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Screengem0531

Screengem0531

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:41 AM

I have a question about wireless printing. I have a pc running windows xp and a apple powerboog g4 running tiger. I also have an epson stylus cx 4600 and a linksys wireless router and i'm trying to be able to print using the mac. I wanted to know if there is an ip address for the printer and if so how can i find it. If i have that i can print with my mac but i have now clue how to find the ip address of the printer. My mac sees the printer but when i try to print it prints out the information about the document i was trying to print like the name, my computer's name, the application and a bunch of computer talk. can any one try to help me out?
Screengem

Mod Edit - Post moved to create new topic - Leurgy

Edited by Leurgy, 06 September 2005 - 09:29 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:21 AM

In the address bar of ie, Foxfire, mozzila, or whatever browser you use type 192.168.1.1 . If you have not logged on before leave the user name blank and enter "admin" in lower case as the default password.
Go to the DHCP tab. Then select DHCP client table. In there you should be able to see what you print server ports IP is.
Now that you are in this screen it might be a good time to select a password, and user name.

Good luck...
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Screengem0531

Screengem0531
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2005 - 02:42 PM

thanks! I'll have to try that and i'll let you know how it went.
Screengem

#4 Screengem0531

Screengem0531
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:50 PM

DHCP Server: Enable Disable
Starting IP Address: 192.168.1.
Maximum Number of DHCP Users:
Client Lease Time: minutes (0 means one day)
Static DNS 1: . . .
Static DNS 2: . . .
Static DNS 3: . . .
WINS: . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is kinda what the DHCP screen looked like. The only ip address is 192.168.1.1. I don't see a printer ip address anywhere. What should i do?
Screengem

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:34 PM

Are you in the LAN screen or the router's screen? There will be a tab in one of the router screens tab says "DHCP Client Table". It will have a list of computer names or <UNKNOWN>. The print server may show random numbers and/or letters.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users