Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

yupdater.exe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PCIlliterateGal

PCIlliterateGal

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 AM

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:04 AM

I was logging into Yahoo Instant Messenger and ZoneAlarm alerted me of yupdater.exe trying to access my computer...the alert said it was yupdater.exe's first attempt...I denied access. I've read yupdater.exe isn't good. I allow automatic access for Yahoo Autoupdater. What's the use for yupdater.exe and should I allow it access?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 06 September 2005 - 11:45 AM

This may help you with that decision

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintas...brary/yupdater/
Posted Image

#3 PCIlliterateGal

PCIlliterateGal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:42 PM

Thanks.

Now I'm getting a ZoneAlarm program alert that says Yahoo AutoUpdater has changed since the last time it ran. Should I be suspicious about that? Are Yahoo AutoUpdater and yupdater related? Did I prompt AutoUpdater to change when I denied access to yupdater.exe?

#4 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2005 - 08:11 PM

They are related you should be able to have zone alarm remember your responses
Posted Image

#5 PCIlliterateGal

PCIlliterateGal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:16 AM

I know, but ZoneAlarm had remembered to give access to Yahoo AutoUpdater till a few days ago when it said the program had changed. What I want to know is whether that's normal...the change in the program, I mean.

And that was the first time I'd seen an alert for yupdater.exe.

#6 unrepper

unrepper

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2005 - 08:57 AM

yahoo updates will change the electronic signiture on occasion to protect their system and give you added security. I myself don't use any of the messenger services due to the vulnerability of spyware, adware, and other bugs that they can carry. My wife uses them regularly on her machine and I'm constantly cleaning crap off of it. If you have so many concerns about yahoo messenger get rid of it and easse your worries. :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users