Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

svhost.exe 77.74.48.111 and Avast

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 socasack

socasack

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:53 PM

Someone recently posted about Avast stopping an attack from the address 77.74.48.111. Avast will catch the site as having a virus on it - which it does in 77.74.48.111/pldr/test.jpg. In order to determine if Avast is doing a 10 minute check (yes, it happens every 10 minutes), I disabled Avast and simply watched my firewall (I have the entire range 77.74.48.96-77.74.48.127 blocked - since they are all the same owner). Sure enough, my firewall is continuing to block access to this site every 10 minutes! The virus on the site is Vitumonde. I did get this virus last week and was successful in getting rid of "most" of it. However, I think I may still have some remnant of it since my computer is attempting to connect to 77.74.48.111 every 10 minutes. What would cause svhost.exe to try to connect to 77.74.48.111 every 10 minutes?

By the way, all scans I have done (Avast and MBAM) show I am virus clean and with my firewall blocking access to the offending site, I feel pretty secure. The attempted access to 77.74.48.111 is still disturbing me though. Any thought on what could cause this?

- Steve

Edited by Orange Blossom, 22 February 2010 - 03:10 PM.
Move to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users