Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wubi installer help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 balkrish999

balkrish999

• Members
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:32 PM

hello can some1 tell me the bad stuuf about using the wubi the cons, dis advantages
(im going to use ubuntu forvevery if i can install it on a duall boot with wubi )

also if i use wubi

i get a duall boot with ubuntu and windows 7 and the ubuintu installs in the windows partion right or do i need to create a new partion thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jimnor46

jimnor46

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:18 AM

Here's a link to the Wubi Installer website. May answer your questions.

http://wubi-installer.org/

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:12 PM

Wubi installs linux in Windows like a regular program. Instead of creating a traditional Dual boot environment it, pretty much, creates a Virtual machine inside of windows (much like VMware). Instead of the traditional Hard drive partitioning for Linux Wubi creates hard drive image files. This can create issues when using "standby", "hibernate", or having any sudden loss of power the file will become corrupt and you'll have to reinstall.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users