Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antivir removed still can't access internet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 deb26

deb26

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:32 AM

I have a six year old computer that I belive had the Anti virus Soft on it. I kept receivng pop ups saying that that I had a virus and to download this Antivirus software. My teeenager uses this computer so I'm not sure exactly what he did when these popups would show up. Most recently it won't let me access the interent. I ran Norton which did not find anything. I followed the instructions on here using the Malwarebytes which seem to go very well. I am not receiving the pop ups anymore but I still can't access the interent on User A but I can access it on User B. After running the Malware I uninstalled Norton and installed the AVG Free 9.0. I am using Windows Xp and Internet Explorer 8. It also keeps telling me that the virtual memory is low. Any suggestions on how I can clean this computer up to make it run faster. Which programs are best to keep computers safe? I have AVG, Spybot, Ad Aware and now Malwarebytes on this computer. Although my teenager did not run the programs before as he should have. Any help anyone could give me would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users