Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Calendar

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dphenry157

dphenry157

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:35 AM

Several weeks ago I was invited to an event this past weekend as were several hundred other people. I was not planning to attend the event. On Saturday I was doing my weekly system housekeeping, and I went to my Outlook Calendar and I canceled the event. Evidently my personal cancellation went back to everyone else who had been on the original invitation and was perceived as a cancellation of the event. I have been lambasted all over the place because I "canceled the event". What did I do wrong, and am I correct that it was basically a perception issue by those receiving my personal cancellation and somehow thinking that I had canceled the event? Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:50 AM

I'm not totally sure what you mean by you cancelled the event. However when removing events sent to multiple reciepients through Outlook just right click and delete the event and I will not populate to anyone else.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

Were you the event coordinator? If so and you hit Canceled this is why everyone received it. You should have hit the Will Not Attend or Decline the Invite.

#4 dphenry157

dphenry157
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:02 PM

I was not the coordinator, just an invited guest.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

Could you post the email that was sent with obvious edits of course?

#6 dphenry157

dphenry157
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 225 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

I hope this is what you meant:

Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:19:38
To: Toni Kilkeary<toni.kilkeary@heart.org>;
(billanderson@auctioneer.com)<billanderson@auctioneer.com>;
(dena@scalisere.com)<dena@scalisere.com>;
(rstaffen@excelahealth.com)<rstaffen@excelahealth.com>; Amy Kennedy<iftheshoefits76@yahoo.com>; Amy Tenerowicz<atenerowicz@wiu.k12.pa.us>; Andy Stofan<andy@latrobearea.com>; Angela Meyer<Angela.Meyer@stbank.net>; Barb Bonesteel (bbonesteel@excelahealth.org)<bbonesteel@excelahealth.org>; Barbara Price<bprice@elliott-turbo.com>; Bill McMcClure (wcm@sgkpc.com)<wcm@sgkpc.com>; Bill Stavisky (SER@zoominternet.net)<SER@zoominternet.net>; Bill Stavisky (stavisky@wiu.k12.pa.us)<stavisky@wiu.k12.pa.us>; Bob Allen (jallen@444.com)<jallen@444.com>; Robert Davies<rodavies@iup.edu>; Bruce.Knepper@burthill.com<Bruce.Knepper@burthill.com>;
CBKOCHEL@IUP.edu<CBKOCHEL@IUP.edu>; Carol Kave (ckave1776@gmail.com)<ckave1776@gmail.com>; Carol Kave (ckave@excelahealth.org)<ckave@excelahealth.org>; Cecelia Eagan (ceagan@excelahealth.org)<ceagan@excelahealth.org>; Charles Rakaczky (CRAKACZK@wpahs.org)<CRAKACZK@wpahs.org>; Chris Mueseler<Mueseler@setonhill.edu>; Christine Fennell<Fennell@fnb-corp.com>; Connie Caverno (ccaverno@elliott-turbo.com)<ccaverno@elliott-turbo.com>;
Constance Setelemyer (setlmyer@verizon.net)<setlmyer@verizon.net>;
Courtney Gibbons (cgibbons@smailauto.com)<cgibbons@smailauto.com>; Dale Walker<dalewalk@aol.com>; Dan Timmons<DanRTimmons@netscape.net>; Daniel Dibucci (daniel.dibucci@guidant.com)<daniel.dibucci@guidant.com>;
Danielle McCloskey
(dmccloskey@indianarmc.org)<dmccloskey@indianarmc.org>; Dave Tilstone<davetilstone@aol.com>; David DeRose<dsd@qrglaw.com>; David Kenney MD (vesseldock@aol.com)<vesseldock@aol.com>; David Muchoney (dmuchoney@wildercpa.net)<dmuchoney@wildercpa.net>; Ms. Deb Clawson<dclawson@iasd.cc>; Debbie Henry<DHENRY@psecu.com>; Denise Merrill<denise.merrill@stbank.net>; Dia<dia.walsh@wacclub.com>; Dockmonish, Ashley<adockmonish@redstonehighlands.org>; Dolan Vogle (vogle@fnb-corp.com)<vogle@fnb-corp.com>; Don & Carol Adams<cardoninc@comcast.net>; Don S pence (don.spence@respironics.com)<don.spence@respironics.com>; Dorothy T.
Hufford (dhufford@excelahealth.org)<dhufford@excelahealth.org>; Dorothy T. Hufford (wedthufford@comcast.net)<wedthufford@comcast.net>; Dottie Staffen (dstaffen@pasen.gov)<dstaffen@pasen.gov>; Dr. Bob Staffen<rstaffen@excelahealth.org>;
EKatter@Westmoreland.org<EKatter@Westmoreland.org>; Ed Christofano (elchristofano@zoominternet.net)<elchristofano@zoominternet.net>; Edward Hrtyanski (ednewheart@aol.com)<ednewheart@aol.com>; Ellen Starry<estarry@gorell.com>; Mr. James McHugh<james.c.mchugh@reparex.net>;
Jim Sandella (jsandella@sjm.com)<jsandella@sjm.com>; Jim Vetricek (jim.vetricek@respironics.com)<jim.vetricek@respironics.com>; Joe Marcoline<joemarcoline@hotmail.com>; Kelly Mullen<kelly.mullen@heart.org>; Kim Kramer (kimberly.kramer@nationalcity.com)<kimberly.kramer@nationalcity.com>;
Kim Tiberio (kim.tiberio@kennametal.com)<kim.tiberio@kennametal.com>;
Klaja, Joseph (US - Pittsburgh)<jklaja@deloitte.com>; MGERWICK@IUP.edu<MGERWICK@IUP.edu>; Marcy Zajdel<mlzajdel@comcast.net>; Michele Bononi<michelegbononi@msn.com>; Mosco Amanda<amosco@gazetteprinters.com>; Mulhern, Pat<pat.b.mulhern@medtronic.com>; Pat Spence (patwspence@comcast.net)<patwspence@comcast.net>; Paul Argenziano - pvargen.s04847<pvargen.s04847.us@samsclub.com>; Paul Nickoloff<info@fotorecord.com>; Platt, Donna<Donna.Platt@pfizer.com>; Ruth Irwin (irwinr@wccc.edu)<irwinr@wccc.edu>; Scott Ludwick<scott@scottludwick.com>; Smith, Bernadette<Bernadette.Smith@53.com>;
Steve Fulton (steve_fulton@verizon.net)<steve_fulton@verizon.net>; Mr.
Steven Ender<ender@wccc-pa.edu>; Terry Koontz<terry.koontz@heart.org>; Valarie Lori<mjk112233@aol.com>; Wendy Anton (wanton@greaterpittsburghrnc.com)<wanton@greaterpittsburghrnc.com>;
aferrar.04847.us@samsclub.com<aferrar.04847.us@samsclub.com>;
afm@amartinigc.com<afm@amartinigc.com>;
ahatfield@ups.com<ahatfield@ups.com>;
alane.rosetti@spcorp.com<alane.rosetti@spcorp.com>;
anita.palenchar@kennametal.com<anita.palenchar@kennametal.com>;
ardyth.hill@k ennametal.com<ardyth.hill@kennametal.com>;
barbara_hrebik@cable.comcast.com<barbara_hrebik@cable.comcast.com>;
bbrice@doudsfurniture.com<bbrice@doudsfurniture.com>;
becki.zang@extrudehone.com<becki.zang@extrudehone.com>;
brandi.black@kennametal.com<brandi.black@kennametal.com>;
byron.falchetti@highmark.com<byron.falchetti@highmark.com>;
christina.gondosh@respironics.com<christina.gondosh@respironics.com>;
clark5022@comcast.net<clark5022@comcast.net>;
cmaloy@elliott-turbo.com<cmaloy@elliott-turbo.com>;
curtin@irwinbank.com<curtin@irwinbank.com>;
dave.tilstone@extrudehone.com<dave.tilstone@extrudehone.com>;
dclark@excelahealth.org<dclark@excelahealth.org>;
ddevine@zoll.com<ddevine@zoll.com>;
dgallatin@excelahealth.org<dgallatin@excelahealth.org>;
director900@yahoo.com<director900@yahoo.com>;
dlaw@tribweb.com<dlaw@tribweb.com>;
dlevitt@gtcinternet.com<dlevitt@gtcinternet.com>;
dmaloney@elliott-turbo.com<dmaloney@elliott-turbo.com>;
dmiller@wpahs.org<dmiller@wpahs.org>;
dmstaffen@comcast.net<dmstaffen@comcast.net>;
dnagrosky@aol.com<dnagrosky@aol.com>;
esaiani@superiorwells.com<esaiani@superiorwells.com>;
evalyn.korzen@pnc.com<evalyn.korzen@pnc.com>;
fbalzer@lah.com<fbalzer@lah.com>; fcassell@pitt.edu<fcassell@pitt.edu>;
felicia.besh@pnc.com<felicia.besh@pnc.com>;
frank.salopek@astrazeneca.com<frank.salopek@astrazeneca.com>;
hpm73@comcast.net<hpm73@comcast.net>;
jdefloria@aol.com<jdefloria@aol.com>;
jdickson@redstonehighlands.org<jdickson@redstonehighlands.org>;
jdsmith824@aol.com<jdsmith824@aol.com>;
jennjeweler@msn.com<jennjeweler@msn.com>;
jfiore@jmsonline.com<jfiore@jmsonline.com>;
jim.morrison@kennametal.com<jim.morrison@kennametal.com>;
john@wcnsradio.com<john@wcnsradio.com>;
kaplan@kdka.com<kaplan@kdka.com>;
mencer@iu28.arin.k12.pa.us<mencer@iu28.arin.k12.pa.us>;
murielgr@aol.com<murielgr@aol.com>;
mwohlgem@co.westmoreland.pa.us<mwohlgem@co.westmoreland.pa.us>;
nedhazel36@aol.com<nedhazel36@aol.com>;
pkplucker@aol.com<pkplucker@aol.com>;
plattdonna@yahoo.com<plattdonna@yahoo.com>;
preciouspenney@email.msn.com< preciouspenney@email.msn.com>; rfkunkle@laurelweb.net<rfkunkle@laurelweb.net>;
sedlemeyera@netscape.net<sedlemeyera@netscape.net>;
staleff@comcast.net<staleff@comcast.net>
Subject: Cancelled: Updated: Westmoreland County Heart Ball

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:52 AM

I would edit all those emails out of the post. What was in the body of the email?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users