Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Password everyting time it boots

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cycle

cycle

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:17 AM

When windows boots up it ask to log into the notebook. I have only one user on the computer, so I would like it so that it just boots into that one user instead of asking for a password . Is that possible?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:55 AM

Are you talking about the Windows Logon Screen password or your Notebook's password?

If it is Windows logon password. You have to go to control panel and double click on the user accounts icon.

There you will see your icon and possibly Guest account.

Double click your Icon and look for the password area, the object is to rename the password and do not put anything in where it asks for new password. Leave it blank.

Click apply and exit.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:59 AM

If you are talking about the Notebook's logon password (before Windows loads) Then I have no answers.

But you could post some information regarding your notebooks brand and model number, so others can assist you better.

Best regards.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:17 AM

You can also change a little-known setting that still keeps your password, but doesn't require you to enter it on log-in (it will be automatic).

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...-automatically/

But the same affect is achieved (automatic login). If you want anybody to have access to your computer (automatic login, which is a bad idea), then the best option would be to have a blank password. The reason for this is that if you have a password and don't require it to be entered (like in the tutorial), you will likely forget it, and could possibly lock yourself out forever. :huh:

But like MrBruce1959 said, if you are talking about the "system password" in the BIOS, that is another story all together. It will require disabling in the BIOS.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#5 cycle

cycle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:32 PM

Thank You,

That works setting no password.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 03:02 PM

Thank You,

That works setting no password.

You do realize the ramifications of such actions don't you? I would highly recommend using a password for any and all accounts.

#7 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:17 PM

Like I said above, it's a bad idea to not have a password. :huh:

http://www.microsoft.com/nz/digitallife/se...-passwords.mspx
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image