Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant figure out if I'm infected.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zendao

zendao

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:47 AM

Ok sorry if this is a waste of time I might be being paranoid. Security is Avast 5 with windows firewall behind a router. I have SAS and MBAM installed as on demand scanners using Windows 7 all up to date, also have Winpatrol for those pesky startup items.

Anyway the background; was browsing the internet a couple of days ago when I visited a website (known safe) that had obviously been hacked. Anyway was redirected to one of those fake antivirus programs which scanned from within the browser etc etc. I ignored this finding it amusing since I'm on win 7 and it seemed to be scanning xp. Anyway went to get a drink came back and my son was sitting at the computer and he informed me he'd downloaded this file that had popped up.

I found where this had been downloaded to and scanned it with MBAM thinking it would be best to get rid of it this way, MBAM flagged it straight away and whilst quarantining it crashed.

Anyway scanned with Avast, SAS, MBAM, and Dr Web. A few false positives came up mainly to do with my portable apps but nothing. Did a boot time scan with Avast only things that came up was PUPs. HiJackThis shows nothing out of the ordinary. But I'm now paranoid I have missed something.

I can slowly work my way through Combo logs though I'm not trained but haven't run a scan since I thought I would ask here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zendao

zendao
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:28 PM

Anyone?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users